Hi, fellow book lovers! I’m coming to you today to talk about the first ever book challenge I will be participating in. It’s a year long challenge and as procrastination is a close friend, I’ll be working on creating a schedule so I do not end up having to read more books in the last month of the year. The challenge is Beat the Backlist and is hosted by NovelKnight! I absolutely love NovelKnight’s blog, so I am super excited to take part in this challenge.
The Rules of Beat the Backlist:
The challenge will run from January 1, 2018 to December 31, 2018. You have an ENTIRE YEAR to complete your goal!
Books must be released prior to 2018 to count for this challenge. Although we love new releases, too, this isn’t the challenge for them.
Luckily for me, I have over five hundred books that I’ve bought in the past few years that are dying to be read. Yep, over five hundred. And I only chose a certain amount. Since I am one of those people that has a hard time reading fifty books a year, I decided to go with a number that I think should be easy to reach in twelve months.
My Goal for Beat the Backlist: Read 24 books in 2018.
That’s two books a month. Easily accomplishable, right? I hope so, considering I have my reviews of 2018 arcs scheduled all the way through May. We shall see.
Since I had over five hundred books, I decided to do a random number generator to choose my twenty-four books. Some are books I started but never finished, some are books I haven’t read yet, and some are books I will be re-reading.
The 24 Books are (in no particular order):
- The Last Magician by Lisa Maxwell
- Timeless by Alexandra Monir
- Untold by Sarah Rees Brennan
- How to Hang a Witch by Adriana Mather
- The Edge of Everything by Jeff Giles
- Empress of a Thousand Skies by Rhoda Belleza
- A Sky Full of Stars by Samantha Chase
- Endure by Sara B. Larson
- The Ship Beyond Time by Heidi Heilig
- The Forgetting by Sharon Cameron
- The Affiliate by K.A. Linde
- A Court of Wings and Ruin by Sarah J. Maas
- Defy the Stars by Claudia Gray
- The White Road of the Moon by Rachel Neumeier
- The Best Kind of Magic by Crystal Cestari
- The Glittering Court by Richelle Mead
- Hidden by P.C. Cast and Kristin Cast
- King’s Cage by Victoria Aveyard
- Wires and Nerves by Marissa Meyer
- An Enchantment of Ravens by Margaret Rogerson
- Alice in Zombieland by Gena Showalter
- Truthwitch by Susan Dennard
- Ruined by Amy Tintera
- Timebound by Rysa Walker
I can’t wait to start this challenge tomorrow!
Do you have a mountain full of books that you need to read? The perfect way to read those books is by joining the Beat the Backlist challenge! You can join any time throughout 2018, and you get the chance to win prizes! More information on the Beat the Backlist 2018 Challenge can be found here.
Happy reading everyone and have a Happy New Year! See you all in 2018! 🙂
2 thoughts on “Beat the Backlist 2018 Challenge”
Good luck & happy reading!!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thank you! Happy New Year! 😀
LikeLiked by 1 person