Book Title: The Final Gambit (The Inheritance Games #3)
Author: Jennifer Lynn Barnes
Publisher: Little, Brown Books for Young Readers
Release Date: August 30, 2022
Genre: Young Adult, Mystery, Romance
Avery’s fortune, life, and loves are on the line in the game that everyone will be talking about.
To inherit billions, all Avery Kylie Grambs has to do is survive a few more weeks living in Hawthorne House. The paparazzi are dogging her every step. Financial pressures are building. Danger is a fact of life. And the only thing getting Avery through it all is the Hawthorne brothers. Her life is intertwined with theirs. She knows their secrets, and they know her.
But as the clock ticks down to the moment when Avery will become the richest teenager on the planet, trouble arrives in the form of a visitor who needs her help—and whose presence in Hawthorne House could change everything. It soon becomes clear that there is one last puzzle to solve, and Avery and the Hawthorne brothers are drawn into a dangerous game against an unknown and powerful player.
Secrets upon secrets. Riddles upon riddles. In this game, there are hearts and lives at stake—and there is nothing more Hawthorne than winning.
Jennifer Lynn Barnes (who mostly goes by Jen) was born in Tulsa, Oklahoma. She has been, in turn, a competitive cheerleader, a volleyball player, a dancer, a debutante, a primate cognition researcher, a teen model, a comic book geek, and a lemur aficionado. She’s been writing for as long as she can remember, finished her first full book (which she now refers to as a “practice book” and which none of you will ever see) when she was still in high school, and then wrote Golden the summer after her freshman year in college, when she was nineteen.
Jen graduated high school in 2002, and from Yale University with a degree in cognitive science (the study of the brain and thought) in May of 2006. She’ll be spending the 2006-2007 school year abroad, doing autism research at the University of Cambridge in the United Kingdom.
The Final Gambit is the final book in The Inheritance Games trilogy, but my mini review below does not include any spoilers for the third book. Overall, I was very satisfied with this book and conclusion to Avery’s story. I absolutely cannot wait for Jennifer Lynn Barnes’s next work!
Top 5 Reasons I loved The Final Gambit:
- The mystery! I loved how everything came together, and it was so great to finally have some big questions answered!
- Avery is such a great protagonist. I really loved how Barnes portrayed Avery in this trilogy.
- The romance! I’m typically not a fan of love triangles but this one was so well done! And yes, I am very happy with who Avery ends up with.
- Most of the time, I do not like how trilogies end, but I thought The Final Gambit was such a perfect ending for this amazing trilogy.
- The writing is, once again, impeccable and captivating. How Barnes weaved this story together is incredible, especially with all the intricate details regarding the mysteries!
Check out the amazing bloggers on this book tour!
Thank you, TBR and Beyond Tours, for having us on this book tour!